Sunday, June 11, 2006

I should update...

I know most of you read the pirate ship, so you know Jimmy is still with us (there was a biggggg stink over the living will and the fact that not enough time had been given, etc). He's taken some steps (walked about 30 feet), sampled some Jello, said a few words, touched his pregnant daughter-in-law's belly (showing recognition that he remembered she is preggo), and snoozed a lot. He does have pneumonia, so I don't know how this will affect his recovery. They said he's still in that 4 day window where it takes about 4 for the heavy sedation meds to leave the system. Who knows with those ppl, though?? One of the neuros did read the wrong CT....TWICE...on 2 separate occasions....

If he continues to do well, they'll move him to a neuro rehab hospital here in Dallas.

As for me, I'm not fully enjoying my summer due to wondering what's next on the horizon. It's sort of a bummer when I do that to myself :p. Part of me realizes how nice it is to have summer off....and that part of me starts thinking about working in the school system (even if it's going back to interpreting...) which I DON'T want to do merely for the time off!!! The other part of me feels perpetually frustrated and confused over what I should/could be doing now. Yes, motherhood is a possibility, but I'd like to work up until that point (whenever it will be).

Also, I'm still kicking around the idea of taking my resume up to Women of Faith and leaving it with them, hoping they might have a place for me, if it's God's will. I just wish I knew what it is I should do.

Anyway, that's about it.

3 comments:

Slicer said...

Amy,
It never hurts to send your resume out.
Praying for you.

The Great Mooski said...

I didn't get the job. I applied today and was contacted (via email) about an hour later.

God will provide. I have to admit I'm a bit bummed.

I have a contact who is sort of giving me hints on how to develop myself...I just feel like I'm stuck. My counselor hasn't helped b/c I asked about a vocational test weeks ago and she still hasn't ordered it (said to call the first of July to see if it's in). I'm saving my last free visit for the test. I'd just like to get it going NOW.

The Great Mooski said...

Weird. Why won't it just let comments disappear when you delete them?

Jimmy's now at Baylor in Dallas. I hope to visit soon.

Speaking of Baylor, I submitted an online application for a PT Aide job (for the one in Plano) a few days ago. Haven't heard anything yet, though. I really REALLY hope I do.