Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What's next on the horizon..

I have another blog entry to post but I feel like I need to tie up some loose ends from my previous entry one.

A lot has transpired since I last wrote.  Probably the most impactful was that Joshua and Ewan both earned their wings.  Their hearts were made whole by the One who let us borrow them on this earth for a bit. Oh, you may ask, "Why give them life and then take it away?" Let me tell you that these two boys did more in their short days on this earth than many of us will in our lifetime.  They have truly left a legacy.  Yes, it hurts (It literally tore my heart in pieces and I can not FATHOM what it did to their mothers'!) but both moms were gracious enough to invite us on their journeys from birth to death- and I have seen miracles.  Even though God didn't heal them like we would have wished, He did a lot of healing of hearts here on earth through their death.

Jamar got to go home to be with his family in Louisiana.  I know that was a big blessing to everyone.  Last I heard, he was being a bit of a sleep Nazi but doing well ;-).

Greta and Nathan have been duking it out with chest effusions and the like for several weeks. FINALLY it seems that dawn is breaking and things are moving in the right direction.  I was able to see Greta this evening at our heart support group meeting and it was good to see her out and about.  She is still in the hospital but they already removed her chest tubes and IVs and she's starting to eat again.  Nathan has been able to take some formula by mouth for the first time since he was born- which is amazing!  It's been baby steps (he's taken in 15ccs at the most), but he's not aspirating any of the milk and seems to be tolerating it well.  They don't want to push him, but have allowed him to do a couple of feeds a day like this (he gets most of his nutrition via a mickey button in his tummy).  His mom is meeting with the doctors tomorrow to discuss the plan of action for the future.  I sure hope he is able to go home soon!!

Bowen is still doing well despite some feeding issues and low blood sugar.  They did some genetic testing but I haven't heard if they got the results back on it.  Just continue to pray he feeds well and the sugar thing gets under control soon so he can go home!  Let's ask God to let him do this in time for Halloween so he can dress up with his sisters!

Lastly, Ethan may be coming down with something.  He woke from his nap today barking like a sea lion.  It was so strange.  He was fine this morning and then all day before his nap (2:30pm).  Not a runny nose- nothing.  I let him go to the support group meeting tonight b/c once he woke up and got moving, he was fine.  No cough.  No whining.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  At the meeting, he romped and played.  We got home and he was fine.  Put him to bed and 2 hours later I hear the bark and then a cry.  I go in and I was afraid he was having an asthma attack (he does not have asthma but Dillon and I both did as children)!!!  He wasn't.  His breathing was fine, sans a little "snottiness."  Oh boy.  No fever (same as today).  Just the barking.  He was pretty scared and wanted me in there for a few minutes.  I have almost talked myself into just sleeping in his room tonight.  The problem with that is, he's decided the past few days that he needs to sleep on the futon in his room instead of in his bed.  Mommy will have to bunk in the floor.  I guess we'll see if he wakes again before I go to bed (it's already midnight- I should be heading there soon but I have another entry to post!).

Talk to ya in like a minute!

No comments: