Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's been a looong time...

Sorry.

I just don't have too much to write about, for some reason.

We've been watching the Olympics, working, I've been going to doctor's appointments...just the same old mundane thing. Well, last weekend wasn't TOO mundane. We froze to death watching the U.S. Men's National Soccer team defeat Guatemala in an international friendly last Sunday. Woo! It was chillly! Dillon and I went to the U.S.'s practice session Saturday afternoon and the players voiced their surprise at the weather (and thanked the fans for coming out and enduring temps "Texans aren't used to."). The game was fun. We walked away with a 4-0 victory. Eddie Johnson scored his first goal in Pizza Hut Park (a soccer-dedicated facility that opened last August). It's too bad it wasn't as an FC Dallas player (he just got traded to Kansas City! Boo-hoo!!). Then again, to score one for the US has to be a great feeling. We'll miss him.

Have any of you watched the Winter Games? We TiVoed the closing ceremonies, but did watch the segment about the black soldier (Vernon Baker) who did so much for the Italians and our country back in WWII. It was such an amazing story. I'm still appalled at what lengths people will go to to avoid things/people who are different. :-( One of the most touching moments was when he was reunited with the Partisan soldier (who was 16 at the time) who helped him in battle.

Well, there is not much else to write. We have spring break in another week and I can't tell you how happy yet bummed I am. I know it's going to go by very fast :p.

It's almost Monday, so I'd better go and get things ready for work (and bed tonight).

Have a great week, all.

Before I forget.....

Rest in peace, Don Knotts and Ricky Gilchrist (Ricky is my cousin (my father's nephew). He passed away Friday night after battling a very rare disease. If you read this, please keep his family in your prayers. His wife is also battling cancer and I know she and his three children are having a rough time right now).

3 comments:

Slicer said...

Glad you updated!
Sorry about your cousin. I will pray for his remaining family.

I haven't been watching much of the Olympics at all. Don't know why I'm not interested this time around.

Don Knotts will definately be missed... Not so much for his 3's Company stuff. More for his Andy Griffith and Apple Dumpling Gang characters.

Hope your Spring break seems really long ;-P

The Great Mooski said...

Thanks, Matt.

:-)

Oh, it seems like most of the country is disinterested as far as the Olympics are concerned. I think American Idol had higher ratings than the Olympics! Also, with characters like Bode Miller, you almost want to root for the other countries ;-). I sure hope he finds some direction soon :-(.

September said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, Amy. *hugs*

Enjoy your break!