Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pickle the Pigs!!!

Well, it's that time of the year. We get to join a bunch of crazy Auburn fans and watch grown men chant "Wooo pig! Soooie!" while wiggling their fingers over their heads like cheerleaders.

What a strange world we live in. :-p

This Saturday, Auburn plays their first road game against Arkansas in Fayetteville. Dillon and I are driving up there tomorrow and plan to come back on Sunday. While I'm not that excited about seeing Auburn anywhere but on their home field, I can't wait to see if the leaves are changing colors in the Ozark mountains. When we went 2 years ago, it was majestic!!! Of course, the best part of the weekend is when our Tigers stomp the Razorbacks. Ah, if only it could be said with such confidence. Games like these always make me nervous. :-) Especially road games!!!! When we were in San Antonio and watched the Bills fall apart vs New Orleans, we were in the minority. We were heckled all the way out to the parking lot as the final minutes of the game ticked off. Yeesh. I hate that! Even if my team was on top, I'd heckle no one, sans my friends (who would know it's all in good fun). I wish they wouldn't sell alcohol at sporting events.

Well, that's about it. I had a much more interesting update to the vacation, but I already told most of my readers about it via email. For those of you who missed out on that lovely story, some yahoo(s) dropped what we think was a water balloon off an overpass and hit our car as we were going about 65 mph down the interstate. It shattered our windshield, mostly on the passenger (my) side. Praise God it wasn't anything solid, b/c it would have come all the way through. As it was, it bent in. When God gave man the idea for reinforced glass, He knew what He was doing!!!! We were close to my in-laws, so they came out and swapped cars with us and took ours to the shop on Friday. We were still about 2 hours away from Dallas, so I didn't want to even attempt to drive ours back. Yikes.

Other than that, our vacation was excellent!!!!!! (albeit humid) The Riverwalk was amazing and I found Tim Tams near the Alamo!! Hehehehehe... There happened to be a shop called "About Australia" there. I spotted it first and drug Dillon across the street. When he realized what was going on, he went straight to the food aisle and found them. Yay! I also got Alamo Crackers. Hehehehe....San Antonio's answer to the ever-loved Animal Cracker. :-)

Well, have a great weekend you guys. War Eagle!

1 comment:

Slicer said...

'bout time you updated your blog!

WAR EAGLE!!

Woooooooo pig soooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Hope you have a blast at the game tomorrow! Wish they were televising it :-( What's up with that!?

Glad the Lord was protecting you guys. Must have been scary.