Thursday, August 24, 2006

...

*sigh*

I need a hobby. Actually, I have little hobby corpses laying around the house...perfectly good things I thought I'd love to do and was pretty pumped up about at the time of my epiphany...now just in that immortal graveyard of "should have dones."

I'm interpreting in an art class this semester. Oh my gosh, does it kill me to sit there and not be able to participate!! I can equate it to the first year I became a student athletic trainer instead of a student athlete. Oh my goodness...it was all I could do to stay on the sidelines!! I loved working with the soccer and basketball teams. When there was a break in the action, I could juggle a ball or shoot hoops. Football? We trainers would toss the pigskin prior to the players coming out for pregame warm-ups (we even participated in the Manager-Trainer Classic...an annual gridiron (flag) event where it was all fun and games until someone got hurt (broken noses, etc)).

My point? I can't sit still and let life pass me by (even if it's in 50 minute incriments in the classroom)!!! I'm really into this...I'm creative by nature and I need an outlet and quick!! Some days, I feel my head might explode. The problem is, I can't seem to channel this longing into one particular project. Example? I bought a slew of beginner's paints (art set) at Hobby Lobby a few weeks before school resumed. Did I crack it open? Nope. About the only thing I have done within the realm of creativity is frame some photos I've taken. I got great satisfaction in doing so and I'd really like to have some sort of service where if someone wants a particular themed photo (ie...a sepia shot of a dandelion in a field), I go and shoot it for them. LOL. I realize it's not a very lucrative endeavor, but my life's goal is to fill a need. That's what I do best, I think. Filling a need fills my need for filling a need. Get it? LOL.

I'm confusing myself now. I best go...

Anyone need a picture?? :-)

4 comments:

September said...

I used to be more creative -- I used to do all sorts of crafts, I crocheted, for years I cross-stitched, and for awhile I scrapbooked. Now I have shelves of craft supplies and unfinished projects... lol. I've been trying to stir up some of that creativity this last week because I want to scrapbook my vacation photos. Man, it's been so long since I even scrapbooked! (I think I slacked off on all that after I started working.) I've been looking through magazines (and in fact I was JUST looking through a scrapbooking book here at work) for inspiration. I'm going to Saskatoon on Monday and need a shopping list! LOL

I hope you're able to resurrect or channel that creativity somewhere. I have this terrible tendency to have the greatest of intentions, but then procrastination kicks in, and well..... you know.... :-P

The Great Mooski said...

:) If only we lived closer to one another....

I was out of photo paper, so that part of my creativity was held at bay but it was resolved today with a trip to Target. I'm thinking about asking for picture frames for my birthday. LOL. Oh, and mats. I dunno..but this is something that I'm really into right now, though I know squat about the technical aspects of photograpy.

I had hoped to be more productive on my day off, but it didn't amount to much. Dang though. Wouldn't you know it? 12:16 AM and my creative juices started bubbling. Doggone it!! I'm such a night owl!!

Happy scrapping! I've never done that before.

Slicer said...

Praying that you will gain some clarity and direction, Amy.

Emily said...

"hobby corpses"... AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

haha
ha.
sigh....

we should have a joint funeral for all those corpses. :)