Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bloggerific!

I promise I tried to update you all last night. It's just that when I finally got around to doing so, the site was down for maintenance.

Well, we're closing in on the end of the first week of school here in good ol Plano, USA. It's not been too bad. There's been some adjustment among the 11th graders who just moved up from their high schools (we have 3 feeder 9th-10th grade schools and 3 Senior High (11th-12th)) as well as the teachers/interpreters. We're just used to block scheduling and the district went to 7 period days this year. What that means is, instead of having a set of 4 classes every other day (1st-4th on MWF and 5th-8th TTH or however the days work out), we have 7 classes M-F. The good thing is the classes are only 50 minutes now as opposed to A day classes being one hour and B day an hour and a half. Only having 50 minutes can be bad, too. Well, at least from an interpreting standpoint. It seems the teachers haven't been able to cram all they need into their 50 minute periods....efficiently. Sure, they get it all in, but our fingers are on fire!! LOL. Ouch. I need a massage.....

Nap time has been a necessity for me (and Dillon) in the afternoons. I just need to learn to nap more wisely. I can't just lay down and do one of those sissy "power naps" for 15 minutes. It takes me that long to get comfy!!!! I practically go comatose once the Sandman finds me. That's not so good when bedtime rolls around and I'm wired from my 2 hr siesta! I have, however, cut out much of the caffeine I used to intake. If I DO have any, it will be around breakfast or lunchtime. Nothing after 5. That could be why I'm dead at quitting time! ;-). More water is in my diet now, too. Yay!

Well, that's it. Nothing exciting yet. I'm so happy that tomorrow is Friday!!!!

No comments: