Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Not much to report...

But hey, Manchester United won their match over the weekend (2-0) with Ruud and Rooney scoring for the Red Devils and, what's this? Our keeper, Edwin Van der Sar, had an assist?? Hehe...Rock on!!!

Auburn takes on Georgia Tech Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't catch the game in live action b/c we'll be at the FC Dallas soccer match. Slicer, if you're reading this, I may be avoiding your comments just like I do Sylvia's when we catch a Man Utd game later than it originally aired. It's going to KILL me to miss the game!! I really prefer watching them live, for some reason. I dunno why. It's not like I can change the outcome or anything!!

This week is trudging by. I almost added "very slowly," but that would have been a little redundant (can you tell I interpret English classes??). I can't wait until Friday. Then again, Dillon's folks come up early Saturday so that just means I have to do a lot of house cleaning between now and then. YUCK!!!

Oh yes!! We get a long weekend!! I need to make Dr's appts.....gosh, September (as in the month...not the Canadian!) surely snuck up on me!

New Orleans...does anyone else feel as helpless as I do? So sad....one of the history teachers said that the land is in such bad shape that it probably will all be ocean in 50 years. Wow....

Ok, so this is random. Well, I feel random today!!!!

Dillon's birthday is coming up. I'd tell you what I've gotten him, but there's a small chance he might meander his way over here to read my blog (it would be the first time, that's for sure!). I got a few of his presents like a week ago and it's killing me!!! (September 10 is the big day)

What else?? Hmm.. I had to email my dad a diagram so he could figure out how to get to his phone book on the cell phone. :-p It's my old phone b/c his messed up just before he came out to visit. Verizon let us activate my "old" one for $15 (his was too expensive to fix and we got it thru Radio Shack and they wouldn't honor the warranty). Anyway, I showed him everything (and gave him the book). Poor guy...he called the other night to tell me he can't figure out how to "get my numbers off there." (for at least a month, now!) Fortunately, we'd voice programmed mine in there so he didn't have a problem calling me! Anyway, I was trying to remember what my phone looked like and describe the steps to him but it was futile. He needs something with neon letters/pictures! So, I went online and found someone selling the same phone on ebay, opened the picture in Paint, and went to work. Oy.

I am sitting here waiting on a call regarding one of Dillon's presents....the wait is driving me crazy!!!

Well, I'll go and use some of this nervous energy elsewhere b/c if I don't, I'll write forever and ever about NOTHING!! Just call me Seinfeld.

6 comments:

Slicer said...

Hey Jerry!

*sorry, that was lame*

Game's on ESPN. Set the tivo!

The Great Mooski said...

But of course!

Tivo is already set to record every game that will air this season, plus "Coast2Coach" that comes on a day or so later where Tommy T. will do a little recap of the game. I'm not sure every one will feature him, but there are a few. Yay!!

fatchans said...

I think it's fine and acceptable to be redundantly repetitive about weeks that trudge by slowly without a lot of progress.

Makes you appreciate the language, doesn't it?

The Great Mooski said...

LOL..

Thanks for stopping by, John.

I have a "thought for the day," but it will have to remain on hold as I clean the house in preparation for the in-laws.

WAR EAGLE!

Carmel said...

You're not Seinfeld, you're Twix. ;)

The Great Mooski said...

Thanks for snapping me back into reality, Snickers!