Monday, August 22, 2005

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Eagle!

Well, folks, my favorite (sporting) time of the season is upon us.

Manchester United has started their season off with a bang (2-0) and my Auburn Tigers will face their first opponent on September 3rd!

I've already seen a couple of my former favorite players in the Big Time (NFL) take a stab it the pros. Carlos Rogers needs to step up his conditioning routine. Ronnie Brown didn't play (I hope he's not holding out like Carlos did...and, if he is, I hope he's staying in shape!). Carnell "Cadillac" Williams had a few carries for 12 yards, certainly not the kind of numbers he had in a game at Auburn. But, this is their first season and some will probably see limited playing time. Still, I can't wait to see what unfolds this year (Jason Campbell also did not play...he's 3rd on the depth chart at Washington, so there ya go).

Yay! Fall! The changing of leaves and the cheering of fans enjoying "football" worldwide!! Yay!!!

7 comments:

September said...

I'm not a sports fan in any way, so I have no comment on that... lol. I just thought I'd say Hi. ;-)

The Great Mooski said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys.

My life is so boring! ;-)

Slicer said...

WAR EAGLE!!
I was just down there and wished I could have stayed to see Tech get pummeled. From what I've heard, Tommy T. seems to think this team is better overall than last year's team! Good stuff!

The Great Mooski said...

No way! That's great to hear!! I'm pumped! I even have an AU antenna flag on my car this week!

I'll be sporting some orange and blue on Thursday b/c Friday is required "spirit" wear for the high school I work at. Plus, if I wear school colors, I can wear jeans to work ;-).

Slicer said...

Any truth to the rumor that Junior Rosegreen got cut from Seattle?

The Great Mooski said...

They don't know what they're missing!!!

I got this from their homepage via nfl.com. :-(

8/29/2005 Released SS Jamaal Brimmer, RB Dante Brown, DE Antonio Cochran, WR Marque Davis, DE Ronald Flemons, LS Tim Galloway, G Steven Gibbs, SS Terry Holley, DE Otis Leverette, G Matt Miller, TE Calen Powell, FS Junior Rosegreen, DT Ron Smith and WR Jason Willis.

Slicer said...

Wonder who's gonna pick him up.
Hope this is the wake up call he needs.