Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, Monday..

Well, how's everyone's week starting off? I hope to a roarin good start!

How's the weather been? I'm in some sort of weird biosphere or something. Is it springtime or fall???? I mean, the thermometer has been charting our temps in the mid to high 80's lately, so I just wanted to check. Whassup with that? However, I will say it's made for some nice days. It's just weird to be in November and still able to wear shorts and sandals. I'm not complaining, though. I prefer these temps to those that chill ya right to the bone. I mean, a nice night where it's cool enough to sip hot cocoa and sit before a crackling fire would be good...but I don't want blizzardy weather or anything.

We're doing well. The ripple effects of Kyle's life just keep rollin on out there. It's been good to read about other's memories of him (and hear some of Dillon's). I hate that I missed out on knowing him. And to think, we've passed thru Waco at least 4 times now. I wish we would have looked him up at least one of those times. Carpe diem, guys.

Not much else going on. We tried to take in a restful weekend w/ no travels to the inlaws. It pretty much worked. I should have taken the opportunity to straighten up the house, though. I know it's going to be a harder task to tackle during the week (I'm so tired when I get home).

Speaking of being tired....I think I'm crashing and burning guys. Things are getting to me more and more. I'm really starting to consider leaving this job...if not by the end of Christmas break...then at least by the end of the school year. Part of me wonders if I'm just in the "It's getting too hard...I can't....so I give up" mentality. I'm good at beating myself up and over-analyzing things. I do feel the need to spread my wings a little and this job really doesn't do it for me. The thing is, I still feel stuck. Where to go next?

I've posted a resume on Monster.com. It's for a Physical Therapy Aide. I feel that if I ever want to pursue that route, I gotta start "over" and work myself into it. The reason being is, though I've had a lot of the classes that are required to obtain an Assistant's License, I don't have everything I need. I sort of want to go that route before I take the plunge and apply for a Master's in PT. I'm not even exactly sure I want to do this, but it's an option b/c of my educational background (Bachelor's of Science in Exercise Science/Wellness, etc).

I took one of those career questionnaires. It said I'm more apt to be a writer/journalist! That's just it. There are too many choices...to many things I might like to do, but don't know how to go about doing it (and get paid). I feel like my life is slipping away and time's running out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!! Lifeline, anyone???

I've been in a perpetual state of confusion since my latter years of high school. I guess you can see how I've come about feeling as if I've been sucked into a vacuum.

Thanks for reading. Comments appreciated. Prayer even moreso appreciated. :-)

5 comments:

Slicer said...

Spam-a-lot!

Sorry, just had to "sing" that.
Glad you were able to unplug a little this weekend, Amy.
About the job... you'd mentioned a while ago that promotion (as in musicians, etc.) might interest you. I know that starting wages are terrible, but seriously, it seems to be something you'd be suited for and may lead to better stuff. Read this months CCM article about dcTalk's longtime management company. I don't have a link, sorry.

Praying for you!

The Great Mooski said...

LOL. Yeah. I get so excited b/c I see someone left a comment and then...."oh. Spam." Joy!

Well, I don't know a lot about getting into the "biz." I had emailed Jim Houser when I was in the DR and he said he could try getting me into an internship (well, not that, exactly..he said that he'd pass my name onto someone he knows). It would have been an unpaid position, of course and, at that time, I wasn't sure it was something I should spring for (b/c of Mom's condition). Then, I got married and moved to TX. So......

There ya go. I'm sort of in limbo. I have heard a lot of negatives about the CCM biz...then again, in an imperfect world with imperfect folk, what can you expect? I'm not worried about that. I'd like to think I could do something to help turn the tides. I guess I just need the opportunity to get to the water ;-).

We don't get CCM. Can that article be accessed online?

Thanks, Matt!! :-)

The Great Mooski said...

By the way...

I've gotten 2 emails and a phone call regarding my resume....

FROM LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES!

:P

Whassup with that? LOL. I don't see me hocking insurance to anyone. Rats. I guess having "Physical Therapy Aide" as a resume title does little to clarify what job I'm looking for, eh?

Slicer said...

Actually, you could do worse than selling life insurance. Most people who want it are willing to sign up right away. Especially if you are able to "find" the money in their budget (e.g. 1 less cup of StarBucks a day).
Wonder if our own Melissa Banek has any connections for the biz...

fatchans said...

Hi Amy
It's been awhile since I surfed in here. I really ought to expand my horizons. (Matt is my hero in that regard...)