Sunday, September 04, 2005

:-(

They lost.

Auburn lost.

I know there are sadder things to write about....like the horrible conditions in New Orleans and how many lives were displaced or snuffed out by Katrina. I really need to take a break from all that. I thought watching my favorite team on Saturday would lift my spirits.

No.

As I had said before, we missed seeing it in live action b/c we attended a FC Dallas soccer match (which FC Dallas LOST...sigh). We got in late and Dillon really wanted me to watch the game (in-laws present). It was nearing 1am when halftime rolled around. I was so frustrated by then that I was ready to go to bed, fearful that if I watched any more, I wouldn't sleep or would have nightmares.

My faithfully nuts husband convinced me to hang in there and we started the 2nd half. My father-in-law and sister-in-law were troopers. Needless to say, I didn't have a really easy time of going to sleep because not only was the game bad, but the officiating was HORRIBLE!!! I wanted to throw a shoe at the TV. They were very inconsistent. How funny that the replay buzzers they wore (so that the officials in the booth could buzz them if a play was under review) wouldn't work. (We had SEC refs in the box and the opposing team's confrence supplied the ones on the field)

I don't care what anyone says. Brandon Cox played well, minus the 3 interceptions that were officially his fault (the other, his arm was hit as he threw). He hung in there and took some hits (ARGH>>>that should have been unneccessary roughness!!!!) and played all right for his first game as a full-fledged starter. I like him. I hope this doesn't shake him too much.

What about Obamanu and Aromashadu??? Were they awesome, or what???

I'm glad our defense picked up, else GT would have slaughtered us.

I'm bummed, even today.

I know. It's just a game. But I'm sad. Plus, everytime Auburn takes the field and I don't have my mom to cheer with (That lady was a football fanatic!!! All us Gilchrist women are, though) and brood with.....it's hard. My hubby is a great football buddy, though!

Ok, so, sorry this has pretty much isolated at least 95 percent of you (Slicer, I guess you are worth about 5%? I'm not good with statistics!! LOL).

Hope you all are having a nice Labor Day weekend (at least my U.S. mates).

Hey, a bright spot! The US beat Mexico and qualfied for the 2006 World Cup!! Woo-hoo!!!

Just thought I'd end it with that.

Slicer, feel free to hop on the bandwagon and vent with me. I don't think anyone else is reading at this point!!! ;-)

5 comments:

Carmel said...

I'm reading...I'm not understanding, but I'm reading ;)

Slicer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Slicer said...

My other comment was a little butchered, so I deleted it.

My nephew is in the GT band. I received a text message from him moments after the game where he butchered "War Eagle".
I haven't responded, yet.
I only caught part of the game and was totally disgusted with what I saw.
Hope they will learn from this loss. They certainly made GT's season get off to a great start.

The Great Mooski said...

Thanks for trying, Carmel :-).

In summary, my favorite college football team from back home lost a game when they shouldn't have. My team was ranked #16 in the nation (emphasis on WAS)and lost to an unranked (and supposedly "weaker") team. Ouch.

We went out to eat at Dave and Busters yesterday with the inlaws. Guess what I saw in the area where you can exchange your tickets for stuffed animals and things??? GT stuffed mascots!!! Oh my. I never wanted to stomp on something so much in my life. WE'RE IN TEXAS, for crying out loud!! Can't I catch a break?? :-P

September said...

I ditto Carmel's comment.... she said exactly what I was thinking... LOL!

It was Labour Day weekend here in Canada, too. Had a good one. ;-)