Friday, May 05, 2006

Running to the Light...

Well,

I just wanted to write a brief update to let you guys know that I'm still hanging in there ;-). I still am not sure what's up for next year but, as I told September, I'm sensing there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Well, I know THE Light is shining a path for me. I just need to hone in. He's not letting go of me, and I'm so thankful!!!! I guess instead of clinging to the hair I wish to yank outta my head, I should let go and reach up to Him. Ya think? Yuppo!

As far as the certification from UTD, I've sort of nixed that route. Instead, our region offers alternate methods of certifcation. If you can spell, you can teach.
.
.
.
.
Just kidding!!!!

But seriously, they have a hardcore "speed" method of getting certified, as long as you hold a Bachelor's degree and kept a decent GPA thru most of your hours. There are certain requirements for those in the higher need areas, too. Of course, there are also tests, tests, and more tests to pass, but I hear they train ya pretty well. I phoned them today and, since the lady I need to speak with was busy, I won't hear back til Monday. (Science is a critical needs area, so that's what I asked about...and if I don't have enough "true" science credit (many of my classes post-Biology and A&P are "PE" science classes), I'll either do the early childhood generalist route, or PE.

I have also been searching different school districts' (around here) websites for job openings. There's a PE job in a town nearby, so I gave them a call. Basically, all I need in order to interview is either a teaching certificate OR a letter proving I'm enrolled in a certification program. Cool. I'm gonna have more info come Monday.

By the way, we were offered our contracts for next year yesterday afternoon. Oy. Since it's an "at will" kinda thing, I went ahead and signed mine.

So, that's it for now.

Thanks so much for praying for me. I still get overwhelmed and all blah every now and again, but it's getting better.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Continuing to pray for you! May God make the way very clear for you! *huggles and loves*