Sunday, September 11, 2005

DirecTV ESPN GamePlan....BOOOOOO!!!!

Or should I say, "Boo hoo."

We missed the Auburn game in more ways than one this weekend. Dillon decided that since he gets the NFL Sunday Ticket (He likes the Bills and we're kinda not in the part of the country where their fans are running rampant), he'd get me the ESPN college football package. The bad thing about the college deal is, I'm not guaranteed to see my team play each weekend like you are with the NFL deal. Anyway....

We went to Tyler b/c Saturday was Dillon's birthday. No biggie. We checked and double-checked to make sure we had the right time and channel for both our games this weekend. DirecTV showed the Auburn game to be aired 11:30 CST on channel 778. Whew. Good. Set the recorder for 4 hours, and go on our merry way.

What did we come home to? An hour and 19 minutes (?) of Michigan State vs. Hawaii. What? Actually, Dillon came home to it. I had to go to a baby shower with the female in-laws. When I got home (It wasn't exactly the most fun day I've ever had), Dillon was oh-so-kind to tell me we didn't get the game and, "I'm not kidding." (Because sometimes he DOES kid me about stuff like that).

We called DirecTV. Basically, there are no guarantees. The game was aired on 779 and "We should have checked to see that it was on another channel." Ok, WE WEREN'T HOME! "So, just because your site, the DirecTV guide, and everyone in America says the game is to air at this time on this channel, it may or may not?" "Yes." Someone (whoever gave them the feed) decided that 779 was where they wanted to send the signal. Nice of them to tell us.

I feel jilted. It's bad enough that, if I were in Alabama, I could have seen this game WITHOUT having cable television! It came on one of our local affiliates (JP Sports). How sad is that? We pay $.... to see a team at least every other Saturday...only never to actually see them?

What did DirecTV have to offer? "We'll give you $10 off your sports package for 6 months if you agree to one more year of service." Are you kidding me? IF we agree? How bout you give me the discount in order to encourage me to re-up with you guys? It makes sense to me. Goodness, I would have settled for $20 bucks off this month's bill, period.

Now, I'm afraid to go out of town on a Saturday. Isn't that sad? :-p Anyone, by chance, record the game? LOL.

Sigh. I'm bummed. I know there are bigger things in the world, though.

*Did you remember the victims and heroes of 9/11 today?*

3 comments:

Slicer said...

I hate spam...

I missed the game too.

The Great Mooski said...

Yeah. It's sooo bad for you! Yuck.. :-p

I did find a link to listen to an archived streaming audio file of the game. If you have the patience (and the imagination), I could get you the link. I am at work now, so I don't have it with me. It even includes the pregame stuff (Haven't listened to all of it yet..only til halftime).

Slicer said...

That would make the day go faster. I hadn't thought of listening to the audio.
I'll see what I can find on my own.