Monday, July 25, 2005

All in the Family....

Well,

I haven't been able to swing by for any updates b/c I've had my hands full the past few days. Some of my family has come out to the great sweltering state of Texas for a little visit. My father, oldest sister and her 2 kiddos made the 12 hour trek last Thursday. This is the week of her annual Mary Kay dealio in downtown Dallas, so they decided to squeeze in a visit with us as well.

I still have my sanity, and that's saying a lot ;-).

No, seriously. For someone who's 12 hours away from family most of the year, this visit is a sight for the weakened heart (even though the heart has hammered a time or two!). There was a soft place somewhere in there that longed to see someone familiar. It's great that the in-laws are only a couple of hours away, but I can't tell you how good it is to have Dad here. He's got shingles by the way :-(. Poor guy can't travel anywhere without getting sick. I know helping with my niece and nephew (10 and 13) hasn't helped his energy lately, either.

Not much to report. We spent the greater part of Friday shopping with Laura as she purchased some finishing touches for the convention (it started last night), then met my cousins from Ft. Worth for dinner. Saturday, we took Logan to play paintball. Fortunately, it was at a Celebration Station and not some random field out in the middle of nowhere (Did I mention it's blazing hot here???). So, we got to stay indoors while he suffered outside (in a mesh "tent-like" thing) and Kennedy played some games. Sunday, it was more playing as we went to the "grown-ups Chuck E. Cheese," Dave and Busters. That was a lot more fun (and had great food!) than the day before. The in-laws came up to join us and we took the train downtown.

Not sure what we'll do for entertainment today. I fear computer games and playing with the dog is becoming less alluring as time ticks by.......

2 comments:

Slicer said...

You can always have an egg frying contest!

The Great Mooski said...

I wonder how hot it would need to be to cook pancakes? LOL. That's what Dad cooked for breakfast today...