Sunday, July 31, 2005

Melancholy Amy...

Well, boys and girls, school's almost here. Say it with me now, "EEEEWWWWW!!!" Soon, chants of "5 more minutes, Mom...pleeeease!!" and cries of "The dog ate my homework" will resound over this great nation. I shall be thinking and pleading the former when my alarm goes off tomorrow morning.

Work for my district begins tomorrow. The summer has flown by. Absolutely sprouted wings and took flight like a rocket. I find myself wanting to freeze the moment. Perhaps it's b/c of too much TiVo, but the desire to pause time has almost overtaken me.

Did I use my time wisely this summer? No. I don't think I did. Did I make the most of every moment? Some days, but not many. Am I regretful? Of course. Now I find myself wishing I had more time..

Isn't that always the case? Well, except for when you're in the dentist's chair (even then, there's regret like, "Why didn't I floss (more)?" or "Man..I should never have eaten all that candy growing up!"). Ah, and when you're in school, there's nothing you want more than a break from it all! For some reason, 2 months isn't enough. Give us an inch and we'll take a mile.

I don't really have a point to make. If you are one of those who reads really hard between the lines, maybe you could glean a little bit of awareness of your lack of time-management skills or something. Or, maybe it spurs you on to grab life by the horns and have a blast. I dunno.

All I know is, I don't want that alarm clock to go off at 6 am tomorrow.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I understand, Amy.

That's all, just understanding. Hey, at least you GET the two months! :)

Slicer said...

That's right, Emily.
There are some of us that work EVERY day...
Joking Amy. I hope this year is your best ever!

The Great Mooski said...

Plllbbbtttt to both of yas. ;-)

No, I know I get it easy. I'm blessed that I am in a position to work for so little (days and pay...oy...the pay). I am really wanting to find my niche, though.

I like being off in the summers (who wouldn't??) but I'd really like to find something I love to do and that "fits." Not found that yet.

Emily said...

Yuck - I just wiped spit off my face. Did you get it on yours, too, Matt?? :)

You will, Amy. God's blessed you, He really has, and one of these days you'll just say, "Wow! What a fit!" :)

Until then... well, you can continue to "Oy, the pay!" :)

Slicer said...

Nah! none on me... I was ducking behind you ;-P

Bright side - when you bend over to pick up the penny on the sidewalk (to augment your pay), it counts as exercise!