Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Literati! Literati! Literati! Li-ter-aaaaa!

Like my lil ditty there?

I think I might be addicted. Thank you, September :-p.

For anyone who's lived under a rock longer than me, Literati is a board game akin to Scrabble (but don't try to use your Scrabble vocabulary....Literati isn't up on all the lingo and your words will get *sniffs* rejected). It's on Yahoo!Games if ever you're interested. You can play with random ppl or you can host a table and invite whomever you know is signed on. (I think that's how it works) The world of technology never ceases to astound me, as I got to play 2 games with my great friend in Sascatchaswan last night/this morning. ;-) Yay!

Not much goin on around here. The fam is coming to visit on Thursday: Dad, oldest sis, her 2 kiddos. They'll be here a week. Laura's got a Mary Kay conference.

In preparation, me and the other fam did yardwork this weekend. Before you go, "Oh blah! What a way to spend a weekend!!!", we did manage to catch a rockin Third Day concert on Saturday night. :-)

Anyway, the yardwork was sort of forced upon us by Mother Nature in that she effortlessly blew our lone tree (in the front yard) over during a storm. In that one tree falling, I got my yard edged, shrubs trimmed, and various weeds pulled. We had a regular chain-gang thing goin. Everyone works, then everyone rests. It was a nice rhythm. It's always nice when there's more than one pair of hands working. I was introduced to the fine (or not so fine) art of trimming shrubbery. I felt like Mr. Myagi or something with my own lil banzai trees....or boxwoods...

The weekend went well, other than the work, and even our dogs got to have a little bonding time. My Schnauzer still hasn't recovered from visiting w/ his cousins (2 Bichons and one Schnauzer pup whom we lovingly call "The Pirhana"). He's done nothing but sleep the past 2 days!!

That's it from here. Nothing profound. I'll need all the brain cells I can muster in dealing with the niece and nephew this weekend.............

6 comments:

September said...

Hey, no problem! :-D

Note: She plays well, beat me both games. ;-)

The Great Mooski said...

I got stomped like 309 to 169 today. Then, some chica left me thinking. (read: I had to forfeit for taking too long)

I like playing with someone I know (or chat with) b/c they are less likely to leave the table in the middle of the game.

C'mon friends. My handle is ymalig. Come play :-).

Slicer said...

Glad to see you having some fun to balance out the work.
Exhausted dogs are cute and they don't mess up the house as much ;-P

The Great Mooski said...

He came in last night with purple glitter in the hair on his front legs. ????

We couldn't figure it out (it was sticky, as if it used to be glued onto something), so Dillon went out into the yard to see if any pieces were left. Yup.

He chewed up my little fuzzy pom-pom buddy some kids @ school made for us. You know, the kind with the googly eyes and feet that stick on your shoulder (or whatever). Giggs stripped that sucker CLEAN. I think he even ate the eyeballs!!!

What are dogs thinking? I mean, even if it tastes bad, do they forge on, thinking, "Well, I've already committed to trashing this...better devour the whole thing!"???? Glitter, glue, foam and googly eyes?? What's the deal?

And he hates peanut butter. Go figure.....

At least his poo will have some sparkle to it....

The Great Mooski said...

That's just wrong, Dallas :p.

Emily said...

Oh Amy and September... I'm always looking for new games... I'm gonna go try that tonight. :) hehehe lalala!